Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Really Sweet Cookie










I had made the decision a while ago to purchase most (if not all) of my utensils for Bake Sweet Love through Cook for the Cure. A portion of the proceeds go toward breast cancer research which is something dear to me. I had been searching for and planning on getting a new hand mixer because well, the old one was sad. I will be honest, I procrastinated until one day it happened. My hand mixer broke in the midst of working on some butter cream frosting for a clients order. I was heartbroken but knew that it was a sign. I needed to get my mixer and quick! I had shared this story with my good friend Cortney and she was really sympathetic. Christmas Eve I came to work and a package had been delivered for Cortney. She told me it was mine. I didn't believe her. 2 guesses what was in there. I was in tears!! It was one of the sweetest gestures that I had every experienced. She's truly one SWEET cookie!!!!! I tried it out and LOVE it! Of course, the first batch of cookies was just for her :-)

No comments: